Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 14:42:18 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Brian Litzinger <brian@mpress.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed2 device timeout [more]

Hi,

> > As reported earlier a -current(SMP) kernel, running in single processor
> > mode, on my Tyan S1668 breaks both the ed2 and de0 devices such that I
> > get 'ed2: device timeout' or 'de0: device timeout' errors.
> >
> > However, a -current(UNI) kernel from the same source works correctly.
> >
> > Also, the kernel.2cpu.970428 reference SMP kernel exhibits the same
> > broken behavior.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> I just cvsup'ed -current sys and am rebuilding, will let you know if I find
> any brokenness.

I've successfully built and run both SMP-GENERIC and my LOCAL SMP with the
de0 driver.  No problems with either.

please confirm are you using APIC_IO?

what messages occur when the de0 device is probed?  is the INT being
redirected
to the APIC as expected?

I suspect that it might be something in world that broke.  I'm not in a
position
to rebuild world right now so I can't test that scenerio.  Has anyone else
built world within the last 24 hours and had success (or failure) with the SMP
kernel?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by