Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2001 15:49:52 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Matt DeLapp <matt@visayan.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-STABLE - Fatal trap 12

Quoting Matt DeLapp <matt@visayan.com>:

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Roman Shterenzon wrote:
>
> > I probably happends in one of the modules.
> > Please send the output of kldstat command.
> > Also, try to "add-symbol-file /modules/suspect.ko"
> > I'm not sure about the command, since I don't know how the offsets
> will be
> > treated. You can take a look for example at:
> > /usr/src/sys/modules/vinum/.gdbinit.vinum.paths
>
> matt@worf: {101} kldstat
> Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>  1    1 0xc0100000 2a329c   kernel
>

> I'll take a look at the example.  Thanks.
You don't need to. It seems that there's only kernel loaded.
That means that the return address was overwritten I guess.
As you can see, the backtrace is resolved to the certain depth and
not more.
> Matt

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]