Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:41:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Sander <jim@federation.addy.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3 local root

   Since the release of this advisory I've been doing nightly cvsups
(using stable-supfile) and a daily 'make world' and remade/installed the
(mildly) customized kernel I use. *** The exploit still works. *** Can
anyone verify this has really been applied, and that it fixed the problem,
or steer me in the direction of how to tell what I'm doing wrong?

   By the way, I applied the patches manually to several 3.x systems and
everything works as expected: no root sh, and nothing else seems to break.
Couldn't possibly have been much easier, barring a server-monkey to do the
actual typing for me.

-=Jim=-