Date:      Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:20:17 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Assar Westerlund <assar@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-audit@freebsd.org, jlemon@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GLOB_LIMIT vs GLOB_MAXPATH

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 11:17:45AM +0200, Assar Westerlund wrote:
> The GLOB_MAXPATH flag to glob(3) does the same thing as the GLOB_LIMIT
> one in NetBSD and OpenBSD (except for the default limit).  Since this
> is mostly used by ftpd and has been in the tree for a short amount of
> time, I think it makes sense to keep it compatible with the other
> BSDs.  Enclosed is a patch that does this.  Comments?

Compatibility is good, but..

I wonder if this would require revision of the glob(3) advisory..
And I wonder if this would qualify as an API change on the -stable
branch, which seems to be frowned upon by some, or if it wouldn't
be MFC'd, which would cause an API incompatibility between -stable
and -current :)

Other than that, I think it would be nice to stay compatible
with the other BSD's..

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence every third, but it still comprehensible.