Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:25:09 +1100
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        Nuno R Jardim <nuno-r-jardim@telecom.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD System Administration Manager  -Forwarded

Nuno R Jardim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have been developing what today is FreeBSD System Administration
> Manager v1.6 for FreeBSD 3.0 Systems. And we are currently
> developing release 1.7 which will include Package Support as well as
> new System Security tools.
>
> Please visit http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~jardim/Index.html for a detailed
> description of what is FreeBSD System Administration Manager. But for
> release 1.7 which will be out around Mars the 15th. I would like to make it
> a package instead of the current install procedure.
>
> My first question is,
>
> Is there any GUI tool to help us create packages distributions (as
> commented in pkg_create man page)?
>
> My other question,
>
> After you have tested FreeBSD System Administration Manager v1.6
> would you help me promote what will seriously change the way people
> Administrate FreeBSD Systems in the News Flash?
>
> Feel free to ask me anything you want to know about FreeBSD System
> Administration Manager.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Nuno Jardim

> Subject: Re: FreeBSD System Administration Manager
> Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 03:21:52 +0000
> From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
> To: nuno-r-jardim@telecom.pt
>
> That sounds quite interesting - thanks for the note!  If you want
> to get into the newsflash, however, then the people to talk to
> are the ones at www@freebsd.org - I don't administer that page
> anymore.
>
> Thanks, and I look forward to seeing this in 3 days!
>
> - Jordan
>
> > Hello Jordan,
> >
> > Just to let you know that on the 15th of February it will be available at
> > http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~jardim/Index.html the new release of
> > FreeBSD System Administration Manager v1.6 for FreeBSD 3.0 Systems.
> >
> > This is a Project that we, and we are HP-UX T600 High Availability
> > Systems Administrators on  MC/ServiceGuard Clusters, have been
> > developing for the last couple of years. We have now the FreeBSD
> > System Administration Manager release for FreeBSD 3.0. Systems.
> >
> > Hope you enjoy this release of FreeBSD System Administration Manager,
> > and maybe you could help me to promote it on the News Flash. This will
> > seriously change the way people Administrate FreeBSD Systems.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Nuno Jardim

Be aware that if you download the file from this site's web page, the name is
incorrect.  It comes down as SAM_tar.tar when it is actually a gzipped file -
just replace the .tar extension with .tgz

--
Regards                        |    _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    |   /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."