Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:53:00 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Share printer with CUPS and samba

I've tried many times to get FreeBSD machine to share it's printer though=
=20
samba with little success.  The other day I was finally able to get the=20
printer visible from my 2000 box and was able to use that Add Printer Wiz=
ard=20
to upload the drivers.   The files copied just fine, but then my FreeBSD =
box=20
just went crazy, lots of harddisk activity and then my /usr partition fil=
led=20
up (1.2 GB free).

-----info----
Printer: HP Deskjet 920C on the FreeBSD machine
Samba is compiled with cups support.
----smb.conf--
 [global]
workgroup =3D WORKGROUP
netbios name =3D MYCOMP
encrypt passwords =3D Yes
;socket options =3D IPTOS_LOWDELAY
; print config
printer admin =3D @ntadmin,root
add printer command =3D yes
load printers =3D yes
printing =3D cups
printcap name =3D cups
[my_music]
path =3D /usr/home/amistry/windows-share/jail/ftp/pub/my-music
read only =3D yes
guest ok =3D yes
; print config
[printers]