Date:      Sat, 06 Aug 2005 21:42:44 +1000
From:      "Minh Tran" <mtran@groupwise.swin.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Kernel code of reseting/ignoring tcp SYN packets

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Hi everyone,

I was looking around for the files of Kernel code where SYN messages are =
sent,
so we can simply inject some code to send back a reset messages or ignore=
=20the SYN requests.
I was looking at the function ioctl() which takes fd of the tcp socket.=20
As i track the function down, there is also another call to the dev_ioclt=
() function where all parameters are passed down.=20
However, i was not sucessful with finding out the description of this dev=
_ioclt() function.=20
I am having a bit of trouble in finding out the way of injecting code in =
the kernel to deal with SYN packets.=20
I am thinking of using ipfw to either reset or drop SYN packets.

Would anyone have some hints on the clean way of injecting some code to d=
eal with SYN packets=20
or could you give me some ideas on which files i should look at? I really=
=20appreciate that.
I saw some promising files in src/sys/netinet but they are not all clear =
in my mind.

Thanks heaps!

Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for th=
e use of the addressee. They may contain information that is privileged o=
r protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any diss=
emination, distribution, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited.=
=20The University does not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments a=
re secure and there is also a risk that it may be corrupted in transmissi=
on. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or def=
ects before opening them. If you have received this transmission in error=
, please contact us on +61 3 9214 8000 and delete it immediately from you=
r system. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, d=
ata corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised =
amendment.