Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:49:46 +0200
From:      m.ehinger@ltur.de
To:        "Boris Popov" <bp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: novell mount losing state

I'm running another server with FreeBSD 4.11 which mounts the same volume on the same Novell Server without problems. I get syslog
message with something like

... Restoring connection, flags = 15

but i still can acces the mount.

On FreeBSD 6.1 i need to access the mounted volume at least every 10 minutes, to keep it working.

Maik

             "Boris Popov" <bp@freebsd.org>
             Gesendet von: borisxm@gmail.com
                                                                                                                                 An
                                                               "m.ehinger@ltur.de" <m.ehinger@ltur.de>
             07.07.2006 10:38                                                                                                 Kopie
                                                               freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
                                                                                                                              Thema
                                                               Re: novell mount losing state

2006/7/7, m.ehinger@ltur.de <m.ehinger@ltur.de> wrote:

> I'm using FreeBSD 6.1 Stable and tried to mount an Novell volume (mount_nwfs). Mounting the volume works without problems but
after
> some time of inactivity on that mount i have to remount the volume to get access again.
>
> Syslog message:
>
>       Jul  5 08:51:08 pcmcb3-104 kernel: ncprq: Restoring connection, flags = 101

        Usually this is enough to get connection back to work.  May be
newer NetWare
versions implement something like "idle connection timeout". Also
check if NetWare
server configured to send periodical SAP/RIP broadcasts as described here:
http://people.freebsd.org/~bp/ipxen.html#FAQ

        If this doesn't help, then just access mounted volume via cron.

--
Boris Popov