Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 13:46:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Stephane Legrand <stephane@e2c.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Database server on FreeBSD

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Stephane Legrand wrote:

> I think the major problem is to find a good server which can be used via
> Windows clients.

	There are a few 'free' ODBC driver projects that are out there...for
PostgreSQL, there is a PostODBC and a FreeODBC that I know of off the top of
my head.  I've heard more about the PostODBC project, but I believe both have
reported very good linkups between PostgreSQL and MSAccess

	There has also been a recent port of psql (the command line interface
to PostgreSQL) to Windows so that you can work a little more intimately with
the server without being on a Unix box

Marc G. Fournier                                 scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org              scrappy@freebsd.org