Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 07:16:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        Shimon@i-Connect.Net, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NewComer Questions...

> > We need to develop the following functionality:
> >
> > 1.  Multi-initiator support
> I assume you mean in SCSI?
> we ahve some basic support for that but it requires a  SCSI host
> adapter that supports it.. it hasn't been exercised in years.
> (I wrote it iwith Peter Dufault but it's a rarely used feature.
> Or are you alking about several machines sharing a single bus?)

Only the aha1542b supports it.  It breaks on earlier and later
versions even on the aha adapter.  The only way to resurrect
this will be to put it into the NCR and AHC where we have
solid support for the firmware.

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936