Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 18:19:46 +0100
From:      "Christian Busquet" <cbusquet@hol.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with X,OAK and text mode

Hi all on this list.

I'have succesfully Installed FreeBsd 2.2.5-RELEASE on my 386SX33
with 16 Meg RAM and an OAK OTI-067 SVGA CARD(1 Meg RAM)

I run X with success.

but when i go back to text mode my screen lost all horizontal synchro
( i can't read nothing :-( )

if i type startx and <RETURN> (blindly) X run again perfectly
if i switch from X to Text Mode the screen is also Bad but
when i go back to X the screen is perfect.

It seems that XFREE Kill my text mode synchro ;-)

Have you some clues, do you need some extra info ?
(i have a try with an OAK - OTI087 and the results is the some, i've
not another type of svga cards)
--
cbusquet@hol.fr
cbus@belzebuth.gyptis.frmug.org