Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 11:12:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gillham@andrews.edu (Andrew Gillham)
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stability questions...

Apologies if this is the wrong mailing list.

I installed FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE over the weekend, and I have
been having problems with it.  What I am seeing is "cc1 interrupted
by signal 11" or similar when I am trying to compile a kernel.
Restarting make will eventually get it all built though.  Is this a
known problem with 2.0.5-RELEASE, or is my hardware flakey?
My hardware:
	ASUS SP3G w/AMD DX4/100
	32MB
	NCR PCI SCSI
	Micropolis MC2217
	3c509 (not a 'b')
	ATI GUP ISA

I have been running NetBSD on this box without any problems.

Also, I supped freebsd-current onto my NetBSD NFS server, and tried
building it.  I was able to build a kernel and /sbin/* (by restarting
make whenever cc1 got a SEGV), and rebooted with the new kernel.  This
new kernel didn't appear to have the SEGV problem, but I'm not 100%
sure, as something else broke.  After a few minutes of compiling (on the
NFS mount) the kernel says "Biodone: buffer already done" or something
and hangs my compile.  (sorry for the not exact errors, but I'm at
work, and the PCs are at home)  Accessing the NFS mountpoint will hang
my shell, but I can still halt the box from another console.

Any ideas?  Should I be trying to update to 2.1-current instead of
2.2-current? (how would I do that? I just ask for 'current' via sup.)

Thanks for any assistance.

-Andrew