Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2020 21:03:14 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>,  "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Panic on Rpi3 at r358976

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 8:54 PM Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On 2020-Mar-15, at 17:33, Kyle Evans <kevans at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 11:12 PM bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Tried to boot a kernel built from r358976 on a Pi3 and got a panic:
> >>
> >> [... snip ...]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a patch against sysutils/u-boot-rpi{3,4} based on what I've
> > submitted upstream that I'm test-building again and will soon be
> > submitting to Phabricator; please give it a shot and confirm if it
> > makes life happier or not:
> > https://people.freebsd.org/~kevans/rpi-psci.diff
>
> I grep'd in the area that holds where I did the
> investigative patch that enabled the RPi4 to boot
> and such without the armstub8-gic.bin memory being
> slamed. (I've not done any clean-out of the materials
> in that area.)
>
> The result is not suggestive of CONFIG_RPI_EFI_NR_SPIN_PAGES
> making a difference:

Indeed; note these lines in my patch:

PATCHFILES+= 1245351/raw 1245352/raw

These pull in the patches I submitted upstream that introduces
CONFIG_RPI_EFI_NR_SPIN_PAGES so that they don't have to accept an
arbitrary bump of the reserved page count, since it's just our PSCI
stub that's larger.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans