Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:04:57 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers), committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ex/vi version 1.79 now available for anonymous ftp.

In message <199610232111.XAA27993@uriah.heep.sax.de>you write:
>Our /usr/bin/vi is already a little rusty.  I would really like it if
>somebody takes the stab and upgrades it.

I am willing to do a one-shot upgrade (moving into src/contrib) but am not prepared to guarantee to maintain it.  Does anyone have a problem with making --with-tclinterp the default, since tcl is in the tree anyway?

There's a major compatibility problem which I keep running into, which is the renaming of :split to :E.  I keep forgetting to ask Keith to bring :split back as an alias.

  Bill