Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:42:33 +0000
From:      vladimir konrad <v.konrad@lse.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM BladeCenter LS21

> Hey, has anyone used FreeBSD on a IBM BladeCenter LS21, I'm thinking
> about getting that hardware, but I'd like to know if it can run
> FreeBSD.

not FreeBSD related info but, we have IBM blades (not sure if they are
LS21 series so maybe this does not apply to yours) and they use laptop
hard disks. in our case they run 24/7 and even there is very little
activity on the hard disks we had almost every hard disk fail within the
duration of 2 years (each blade has two disks in raid1 mirror) - that
is around 6 disks in 2 years.

even we are covered by service contract and the replacement disks were
sent quickly it is still a hassle. i thing that putting laptop
hard drives into servers was a bad idea.

vlad