Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2012 06:10:06 -0400
From:      gnn@freebsd.org
To:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: On the road with HEAD

At Sun, 18 Mar 2012 15:22:41 -0700,
Kevin Oberman wrote:
>=20
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 2:56 PM,  <gnn@freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> > I decided to blog about my experiences using only HEAD and my X220
> > laptop while on the road in Japan for 11 days.  The blog is here:
> >
> > http://nywalkinggeek.tumblr.com/
>=20
> Thanks for posting the pointer to your blog.
>=20
> So you're saying that you can suspend and resume the X220? Your blog
> does not really say too much about where feature support is with HEAD,
> though it must be pretty good. I have not run HEAD since 7 was
> released, but if HEAD handles my ThinkPad enough better, I'll go for
> it. (Guess I should install the KMS patches and get away from VESA,
> too.)
>=20

I can't suspend/resume, but the fact is that startup/shutdown are now
so fast that it doesn't bother me too much.  I have not yet tried the
KMS patches, but may try them by the end of AsiaBSD.

> And thanks so much for working on fixing up FUSE! I really need
> ntfs-3g (or some read/write NTFS support) and use it for a few other
> things on occasion.

I haven't tried that particular port yet, and I need to get the FUSE
stuff into HEAD soon.  Probably should not commit at a conference
but...

Best,
George