Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:01:55 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@lovett.com>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
Cc:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: who the hell ported GNOME ??

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:18:56AM -0800, Chris Piazza wrote:

> Uh, before you get all excited (or maybe it's too late for that),
> do you have libxml installed?  I normally only have the gnome-libs
> port installed for testing ports people submit.  Before installing
> libxml it gives me this:
>
> [snip]

Part of the problem is that all components of GNOME expect to be
installed in the same place, whereas we have a split between
/usr/local and /usr/X11R6 (as per hier(7))

As part of the upgrade to gnomelibs-1.0.55, I added a (very) crude
hack to gnome-config to search in both /usr/local/etc and /usr/X11R6/etc
(along with any other user-supplied paths) for these "external"
(to gnome-config) libraries.

Make sure you're using gnomelibs-1.0.55 from ports, in particular
rev 1.11 of ports/x11/gnomelibs/patches/patch-ac

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.