Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 17:43:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brian@MediaCity.com (Brian Litzinger)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rsh and connection refused

I have two machine hooked up via a T1. After issuing the command:

    rsh 10.0.0.2 cat testfile | cat >/dev/null

I can't issue any additional rsh's for 20 to 30 seconds.

Running netstat -a I've noticed two sockets sitting open (1022/1023 on
10.0.0.2) after the above rsh exits.  I have to wait till these sockets
fully close before any additional rsh's will go through (not get
connection refused).  They are sitting there with the status (TIME_WAIT).

I'm not running named, and have been using the IP numbers rather than
the names.

I'm running 2.0.5R.

Thanks for the help,

brian