Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:38:27 +0100
From:      Mauro Calderara <mcalderara@phys.ethz.ch>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unbound from ports: __sparc_utrap: fatal illegal instruction

Hi everybody

I'm trying to get a DNS name resolver running on a sparc64 FreeBSD 8.1
within a jail.

After having failed with powerdns-recursor (doesn't even compile) I
tried unbound from /usr/ports/dns/unbound. That one compiles, but it
dies with the following error:

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/unbound onestart
Starting unbound.
__sparc_utrap: fatal illegal instruction
__sparc_utrap: fatal illegal instruction
Bus error (core dumped)

/var/log/messages contains:

pid 36192 (unbound), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)

The error message seems to come from lib/libc/sparc64/sys/
__sparc_utrap.c. The main question is whether this is more of a
FreeBSD/sparc64 issue or whether that's a software problem. If it is a
FreeBSD/sparc64 problem: what should I try? The error kind of suggests
that the binary contains illegal instructions, which would be a
compiler issue but I can't tell.

Any hints?

Best,
mauro