Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:14:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        dave@turbocat.de (David Wetzel)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making the answering machine work

>From the keyboard of David Wetzel:

> I am trying to make the answering machine work. Now, it hooks off and
> hangs up. I hear nothing on the phone.

What was the cause of the illegal layer 1 transitions ?

It would be nice to save others from making the same mistake and
contribute and entry for the FAQ, wouldn't it ?

> Did I miss somthing?
> 24.02.98 14:40:46 DBG exec_answer: prog=[record], parms=[ -D /dev/i4btel0
> -d 82836 -s 3305682834]

Yes, you have configured isdnd to use the "record" script in the /etc/isdn
directory, which _records_ something. Try the "answer" or "tell" scripts.

Also, have a look at the scripts, they expect some data in /usr/local/lib/isdn,
have you installed it from lib-isdn ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77