Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:52:10 -0600
From:      Shawn Leas <shawn.leas@hstp.com>
To:        simond@irrelevant.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, danny@i-p-d.nl
Subject:   Re: removing illegal filename

Or rm -i del* if the name is weirder than what can be represented with a
keyboard. Ever get ^J in your filename? You could even put ANSI color in
your filename if you're k3wl...

On 01/24, simond@irrelevant.org rearranged the electrons to read:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:11:25PM +0100, danny@i-p-d.nl wrote:
> > A customer of ours managed to create an illegal file/directory
> > named "del\" . It is unusable, but even more annoying, I can't
> > remove it.
> >
> > How can I manage to remove it? (I can't rm or mv the file)
>
> Try rm del\\
>
> --
> Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org
> "Why do I get this urge to go bowling everytime I see Tux?"

 Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT.  You feel sleepy.  Notice how
 restful it is to watch the cursor blink.  Close your eyes.  The opinions
 stated above are yours.  You cannot imagine why you ever felt otherwise.