Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 1999 23:30:19 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@gerpa.ru>
To:        "Zhihui Zhang" <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, "Jason L. Schwab" <jschwab@royal.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: reading files.

>On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, Jason L. Schwab wrote:
>Unless you are root or has somehow gotten the root password.  Or you may
>steal the hard drive and examine it elsewhere.

That's right. Once i deleted my files (about 300K of perl scripts) and
restored ALL of the in Norton Disk Editor.

>BTW, I know Windows-NT has
>a feature that does not allow the Administrator (known as root in Unix) to
>access the file of a normal user.  I wonder if this feature can be added
>to FreeBSD easily.

Look at the CFS port in security dir. I am using Scrypt FS for awhile now
and fully satisfied with it. However. it does not work with Interbase, but that's
interbase's fault :(

Artem Koutchine (????? ?????)
Sys/Net/Web Admin, Web Designer, Programmer
E-Mail addresses in order of preference:
matrix@norilsk.ru matrix@chat.ru