Date:      Mon, 06 Aug 2001 00:44:18 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        lists <lists@security.za.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NewCard / pccbb

> I tried your suggestion below, and for some reason its still assigning the
> same interrupt (whichever one I pick) to both the network card and the
> wavelan card, and interstingly enough even if I remove one of them, its
> still trying to get a routeable interrupt and the wavelan still doesnt
> work.  Any way that I can get this thing to give me a straight interrupt
> on all cards without trying to do funny irq routing?

I'm sorry, I'm totally confused here.

In the dmesg output you sent me, the cardbus bridge and ethernet were
being set up with totally different interrupts by your BIOS; what you're
saying here is completely inconsistent with that.

I don't know what your problem is.  You're not giving me enough
information to do anything about it, though, so the situation won't
improve.

I need the $PIR table and dmesg output FROM THE SYSTEM THAT IS FAILING
along with any other relevant data, like hardcoded pcic interrupts in
your loader config, etc.

And no, there's no such thing as "a straight interrupt".

Please, never, ever use "doesn't work" in an email to me.  Or if I ever
meet you in person, I will hurt you a very great deal.  Ok?

Tell me *exactly* what you tried, and *exactly* what happened.  If you
don't remember, go back and do it again, and write it down this time.

I get a lot of email.  I don't have the faintest hope in hell of
remembering all the details of your problem from one day to the next.
Please keep all your context, and if I delete it from my replies (for
brevity) just attach it to your next message back, ok?

Regards,
Mike