Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 07:55:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@bigbrother.rust.net>
To:        jm@pluriproj.pt
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Emacs

Josi,

Emacs uses certain X libraries, which aren't part of the standard
distribution.  This isn't the only one you'll need, but Emacs will only
tell you the missing libraries one at a time.

You can either install the X binaries on your system, or find the
particular set of libraries on ftp.freebsd.org.

Regards,
Michael