Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:20:33 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a "how did you hear about us?" form on www.freebsd.org?

Licia has already indicated her willingness to tackle this in private
mail, Jordan. My goal is actually for her to be point-person, because
(as you indicate) there are larger issues and there have been previous
discussions of this that we have not been privy to.

I agree that postal mail is cumbersome, but there are some who will
_never_ connect to the 'net, and we need to decide whether they are or
are not worth counting somehow. No matter how easy we make PPP, there
will always be clods who can't do ppp, and there will always be those
who will buy WinModems and expect to run FreeBSD.

One suggestion I would like to throw out is installing a cron job that
remains a minor irritant until registration has been completed one way
or another.
--
Donald Wilde              "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media