Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:52:47 +0100
From:      Dimitry Andric <dimitry@andric.com>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld with clang breaks because no cc

On 2012-11-23 14:45, Beeblebrox wrote:
> I am now stuck with trying to make this work. I am doing buildworld with
> clang and ccache enabled.

If you want to use clang in combination with ccache, you must at least
set CCACHE_CPP2 to make it work.  If you experience any issues with this
setup, always try disabling ccache first, to see if the issues go away.
In most cases, disabling ccache fixes the problems.

> 1. I have to keep re-starting buildworld at different points of break. When
> re-started the build continues past the last break-point and goes on to
> break somewhere else.
> 2. This continues until build gets to ===> usr.bin/ypwhich (all) and cannot
> continue past the error.

As in your first post, you are most likely doing "make -j X buildworld",
and this can obscure the actual error(s), which occur long before the
"ypwhich" message.  You should save the entire log, and search backwards
from the end for the actual error.  If you can't find it, post the full
log somewhere off-list.

> 3. I disable ccache in /usr/local/etc/buildflags.conf and re-start the
> build. Progresses upto:
> sh /asp/src/tools/install.sh -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     libz.so.6
> /usr/obj/asp/src/lib32/usr/lib32
> ln -fs libz.so.6 /usr/obj/asp/src/lib32/usr/lib32/libz.so
>
> However, examining the contents after build-break of
> /usr/obj/asp/src/lib32/usr/lib32/ shows libz.so.6 and its linked alias
> libz.so.
> I am not able to move any further without help because I cannot figure out
> where the problem may be.

This looks like there is a problem building the 32-bit compat libraries.
What are your exact make.conf and src.conf settings?