Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:33:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@iaces.com>
To:        tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        a.bob@xtra.co.nz, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ADSL modem ss3020

> The external DSL <> ethernet bridge/router are the best way to go for
> cost/effort, but in 6 months to a year we are going to be seeing people
> screaming for drivers for the board their ISP/telcom gave them. Unless
> things really change in regard to getting documentation, the standard reply
> for them will be buy the external bridge/router or they are SOL. I hope
> things will change and DSL drivers are as common as ethernet card drivers
> are today.

The only way to get the internal card (Cisco 605) for DSL service from USWEST
is to buy the computer from DELL with the card pre-installed. Otherwise, you
get a 675 and an 3Com ethernet (I think you still have the choice of ISA or
PCI).

Paul.

--
SOME SUREFIRE WAYS TO MAKE A PERSON FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU

"One way is to take the girl out to eat.  Make sure it's something she
 likes to eat.  French fries usually works for me."     --Bart, age 9