Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 22:14:37 +0200
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org, jmb@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tape drive FAQ

On Apr 9, 17:37, J Wunsch wrote:
} As Richard J Kuhns wrote:
}
} >  > The patches should be integrated.  Make the hint ``temporary'', so
} >  > people know that it's being worked on.
} >  >
} > I can't speak for the NCR controller, but recent -stables (since about
} > 0065?) with the Adaptec 1542CF can apparently handle it with no trouble.
}
} I think this was NCR only.  Stefan Esser is somehow on vacation right
} now, i'll let it up to him to give the final `yes' for the patch.

Well, I'm just back (and scanning my 16MB inbox) ...

The first patch is already applied to both -current
and -stable.

There are other changes planned to the timeout handler,
but I'm not absolutely sure about the details, yet.

The 1200 seconds timeout before a SCSI bus reset does
not cause any harm on a working system, and I'm not
sure whether it is required at all (i.e. whether an
infinite response time ought to be tolerated).

I'll apply a patch within a few days ...

Regards, STefan
--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160