Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:43:42 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New patches for pccard newbus kludge

> OK.  I've uploaded some patches for the pccard newbus kludge.  I've
> updated them to work after phk's changes (since I got conflicts with
> the merge).  I've also updated what is printed by pccard, et al.  The
> insipient sio support is present, but the sio driver is an ISA driver
> and uses the non-busindependent isa_{get,set}_ routines...  I've only
> started to extripate them from the non-isa case and it panics for me
> on pccard attach.  But if someone is motivated to help, it should be a
> start...  The sio driver still works for the non-pccard case.  I've
> also added better resource alloc/release.
>
> 	http://www.freebsd.org/~imp/pccard_nbk.diff.19980825.gz

OK - it still works for me, and I also have a working Wavelan card.
As you say, the SIO driver panics, but I am setting up for a remote
gdb to look at why.

In the meanwhile - docs and comments suggest that setting the irq to
"?" in pccard.conf will allow the driver to pick one for you; it never
seems to work, as pccardd whines about "irq -1" not working. Is this
something worth tracking down or should I not bother?

Mark Murray