Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 16:54:14 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, demon@FreeBSD.ORG, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG, Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk
Subject:   Re: devel/gettext upgrade [patch]

Peter Pentchev wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 01:30:51PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Since I did not receive any response from demon regarding my
> > comments on his patch I've picked up the ball and did the work
> > by myself. Attached please find resulting patch, please review
> > it and let me know what do you think. Following are major changes
> > compared to demon's version:
>
> Just a random thought: won't this affect just as many ports in the tree
> as the devel/libtool update to 1.4 that reg is holding up until proven
> absolutely necessary?   See the devel/libtool/Makefile for more info..

Yes, I know, but unfortunately new gettext release includes some features
that at least some packages have started utilising, so we have to bite this
bullet anyway. My brief Gnome test build did show that most errors are due
to incorrect codes in some messages in multi-byte catalog files (ja, ko
etc), which could be easily fixed by deleting offending messages.

-Maxim