Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 02:10:02 +0200 (CEST)
From:      girgen@partitur.se
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/13145: kaudioserver runs amok on logout

>Number:         13145
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       kaudioserver runs amok on logout
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE i386
/usr/local and /usr/X11R6 are nfs automounted with an amd direct type
kde11 from the ports collection
NIS for passwords et al... (not sure it's relevant)
wdm (alternative to kdm or xdm). from ports collection.

Most of the time, it seems, when logging out, the kaudioserver
runs amok using up all cpu time. It has to be killed hard
with kill -9.

Users log in using wdm, and it runs a shell script which
runs /usr/local/bin/startkde.
On logout, the kaudioserver doesn't stop, but instead
starts to eat cpu cycles...

>How-To-Repeat:

I'm not sure if it's enough to set up an nfs mounted /usr/local; maybe
it needs to be automounted?

Anyway, the automount is probably never unmounted, so I can't see the
connection...

Also, I don't think it happens all the time... Possibly only when audio
has been played? Can't verify this, though...

>Fix:
I'm clueless... :(