Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2012 01:03:25 -0500
From:      Bryan Drewery <bryan@shatow.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in zfs_freebsd_getattr -> zfs_fuid_table_load - avl_find() succeeded inside avl_add() [ACL, 9.1-PRERELEASE]

On 9/2/2012 11:24 PM, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> On 9/2/2012 11:19 PM, Freddie Cash wrote:
>> (Please forgive the top-post, sent from my phone.)
>>
>> There's a pool or zfs property that deals with how acl inheritance
>> works, and how to handle failures (panic, continue, ignore, etc). Don't
>> recall the exact name but it's along the lines of aclinherit. What's it
>> currently set to? And how does the system react if you change it?
>>
>> See the zpool and zfs man pages for info.
>
> According to the manpage, those properties (aclinherit, aclmode), only
> affect creation and modification (chmod) of files.
>
> I don't think they'll help here as I can't even access them.

Confirming this did not help. Thank you for the suggestion though.

>> On Sep 2, 2012 8:51 PM, "Bryan Drewery" <bryan@shatow.net
>> <mailto:bryan@shatow.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     Running 9.1-PRERELEASE currently.
>>
>>     Just set this server up, imported the pool from OpenIndiana 151 I
>>     believe it was.
>>
>>     When I access (simply `ls`) certain files/directories, the system
>>     panics. These files have ACL properties set on them from the Solaris
>>     system.
>>
>>     This system has 32gb of ram and only 8gb swap setup, so I do not
>>     currently have a kernel core dump. It's also practically a production
>>     machine, so I do not have much leeway in testing on it.
>>
>>     backtrace:
>>
>>     >From running ls(1):
>>
>>         panic: avl_find() succeeded inside avl_add()

I removed my seat belt and made this PANIC into a return; I don't know
the impact of this, but I am able to access the files now.

I'm looking for what duplicated entries there are. Any advice on this
would be appreciated.

I'll avoid clearing the ACL properties for now.

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery