Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:31:37 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        HighWind Software Information <info@highwind.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Killed Myself

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 09:49:31PM -0500, HighWind Software Information wrote:

> After installing the recent libc_r and libc, I'm getting:
>
> ld.so failed: Undefined symbol "SYS_kldsym" in make:/usr/lib/aout/libc.so.3.1
>
> I also get it sometimes when I link against libc_r.
>
> "SYS_kldsym" is always the thing I don't seem to have a definition for.
>
> This just started happening. UGH!

If you do not know how FreeBSD works to a detailed enough level to NOT
HAVE TO ASK THIS, then you should MAKE WORLD.  You should NOT try to
do incremental recompiles.  That is reserved for those people that
know exactly what they are doing.

Sorry, but this is like taking a nail-gun and shooting from the hip
towards the floor instead of actually bedning your knees, and then
coming shouting 'My foot hurts!  My foot hurts!  What should I do?'

Eivind.