Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:24:29 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ronee Chadowitz <rchadowitz@cybernautics.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FYI

On Tue, Nov 04, 1997 at 10:55:35AM -0800, Ronee Chadowitz wrote:
> I am currently working with USWeb and Microsoft on a Free Intranet Planning
> Pack, and thought it might be helpful to some of you.
>
> The Pack includes answers to the most common questions about building and
> designing an intranet as well as a free Front Page CD.  It is only being
> offered for a limited time. To register for it go to:
>
> http://www.usweb.com/ipk1/index.html

Ronee, I'm sorry that you've had at least one nasty reply.  It's not
surprising, though: whether wittingly or unwittingly, you have stuck
your head into the lion's den.

FreeBSD is an implementation of the original operating system that
defined the Internet.  Microsoft has only started using the Internet,
and appears bent on changing it to become a proprietary Microsoft
product.  Nobody here approves of this, and many of us are extremely
angry about it.

I can't apply for your Intranet Planning Pack, since I'm not located
in the USA.  But I suspect that there is nothing in there which is
as good as the tools we use now.  And they're free.

Regards
Greg

Greg Lehey                       LEMIS
grog@lemis.com			 PO Box 460