Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:06:53 -0800
From:      "David Fuchs" <beastie@beastie.net>
To:        "Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro" <leandro@capnasty.org>, <youlgok@attglobal.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Q] account admin

Leandro is right, use /etc/inetd.conf and put a # mark in front of your
telnet service.  Once you've done that, run the command "ps -aux" to display
all running processes and find the process called "inetd" from the list.  On
the same row as that process you'll see it's PID (Process ID), all you need
to do is restart that process so that it takes the new inetd.conf
configuration into effect.  To restart simply type "kill -HUP <PID for
inetd>".

-David Fuchs