Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 22:25:33 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
Cc:        nate@rocky.sri.MT.net, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG, jhs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: startslip

> Yea, what is the setup of your /dev/cuaa1 device like, I suspect that as
> soon as chat closes /dev/cuaa1 it hangs up the modem.  What is hupcl on
> /dev/cuaa1 set to??

It shouldn't matter?  The whole advantage of running chat under
slattach is that it's supposed to be run on the fd that slattach
already has open, so there's no question of the hangup-after-dial
problem that would otherwise occur if you did the
open-dial-close-slattach cycle.  I know, I've been there too with my
little kermit dialer scripts.

Of course, if it turns out that you're right about this then slattach
is deeply broken and has managed to nullify the whole advantage that
was the point of adding the external dial agent capability to
slattach!

					Jordan