Date:      Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:18:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Drew <usernumber1000@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   supfile tag to use?  port/src

Greetings,

I am a little confused by what the website says and
what the example supfiles have.

I have two questions.

1. When do I use "tag=."?  T he website says only use
this for ports, but in my
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile the tag is
set to "tag=.".   I thought "tag=." was saying 'gimme
the lastest thing available', but I could be mistaken.

2.  I am running 5.2-CURRENT and I want to upgrade to
5.2.1, must I change my tag to RELENG_5_2_1? or can I
use "tag=.", which as I understand it is suspossed to
be equal to CURRENT.  Isn't 5.2.1 now CURRENT?

Thank you for your time in advance,

-D