Date:      Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:18:25 +0200
From:      Anders Andersson <anders.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Scheduling

Hello!

I have got myself a Tuxdroid. I would like to write a couple of applications
that needs to be scheduled. I would like a scheduler that is a little
different than crond or periodic (those that I know). I would like it to
have some randomization, eventbased. For instance, I would like to write a
smart wake-me-up clock as well as a game that starts now and then when you
need to interact with it. This requires the scheduler to run at specific
times and also be able to select one at random. If it could react to other
events that would be great as well.

I could just let the programs sleep in the background but I would prefer a
scheduler that executes them according to different rules. The programs are
pythonscripts. Instead of writing my own scheduler, I wonder if there are
programs that already does this?

Regards

Anders Andersson