Date:      Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:04:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Noses <noses@noses.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Real "technical comparison"

In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0105311444410.9434-100000@imladris.rielhome.conectiva> you wrote:
>> Thank you for not telling it to one of my servers which is running
>> around with about 100000 concurrent connections biting its tail. I
>> wouldn't like to hurt its feelings. And I've got the feeling that it
>> will have to bear a bit more of that beating.
>
> Interesting, what's that thing doing ?

Grabing stuff from a number of database servers, combining it, turning it
into HTML-documents (including converting graphics formats) and handing them
off to the web servers which requested it. Which is causing a nice mix of
network load and computations.

And no, the server isn't even the highest possible end, not even near it;
even my desktop machine has more CPU than this server (I'm just jelous of
its RAM size).

Noses.