Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 09:16:27 -0400
From:      Tim Middleton <x@vex.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mounting SMB filesystems at boot time

The following in my fstab works for me (with no extra settings in rc.conf or
scripts):

//media/files           /drives/media/files             smbfs
rw,-I=192.168.7.25,-N,-u=x      0 0

Since you say mount -a works, it sounds likely you have something in your
fstab preventing auto mounting (noauto??), or perhaps some error is being
generated at boot time (check /var/log/messages?). Maybe if you post your
fstab someone will spot something.

--
Tim Middleton | Vex.Net    | I care not much for a man's religion whose
x@veX.net     | VexTech.ca | dog or cat are not the better for it. [A.L.]