Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:00:00 -0600
From:      "Bryan Bunch" <bryanb@walls-media.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Ports Question

After you have installed a port and notice that there is a updated version
in ports-current, what is the best way to upgrade? Is there any argument
that you can pass to make (make upgrade??). Or do you have to do a pkg_del
and then install the new port? I am asking b/c I noticed that wen you
install the new port there are usually two entries in the /var/db/pkg
directory. Do you just manually remove the old entry, and will the newer
version overwrite any config files that the old version was using?

Do you remove the old work directory in the ports tree, then do a make
install?

Thanks for any advice.

Bryan
bryanb@walls-media.com