Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 00:22:34 -0400
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: talk - mesg y only

On Sun, April  9, 1995 at 09:29:12 (+0200), J. Wunsch wrote:

 > >     Why does talk want mesg y all the time?

 > Ensure privacy for people who wish it.  If nobody can write(1) you
 > anything, why should they be able to bother you with talks?

	No - I mean why does talk require me to have my messages on to
INITIATE a talk with someone else.  It shouldn't!  :-0

 > It's another issue if we shouldn't enable messages by default.
 > Especially newbies regularly forget about it.

	This is another issue - I'm talking about the initiator end of
things, not the responder end of things...

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration