Date:      Thu, 25 Jun 1998 17:41:53 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recommended SCSI Drives

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Atipa wrote:

> Insist on ATX form factor, and a case that has (2) fans in addition to the
> fan inside the PS. Our ATX Full Tower fits the bill, and has gobs of drive
> space. The extra hieght will also aid in airflow and dissipation.

I've run into a problem with an ATX server's power supply where in case of
power failure, the machine would not reboot without someone manually
pushing the button on the front.  The motherboard had no bios setting to
avoid this, and local service departments were not able to help other than
to suggest a new mother board.

I ended up making up my own circuit to provide a signal pulse signal to
the power supply triggered and powered off the standby power line.  Works
fine.

I'm curious to know how common this problem is and whether there's a more
conventional solution to it?

Andrew McNaughton