Date:      Sat, 06 Aug 2005 14:21:40 +0200
From:      Dirk GOUDERS <gouders@et.bocholt.fh-ge.de>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Finding an illegal instruction in gnucash/guile

 > gdb claims the problem is in libguile.  I've tried rebuilding it with
 > different CPU and optimisation options (in case I've triggered a gcc
 > bug) but the SIGILL remains.
 >
 > I've had a look through google and not found anything relevant.
 >
 > Does anyone have any suggestions other than rebuilding the ports from
 > scratch with different CPUTYPE and/or CFLAGS?  (I'm currently using
 > CPUTYPE=athlon-xp and CFLAGS=-O -g).

I had a similar (if not the same) problem on a 4.11-STABLE machine.
Actually, I am running gnucash on two different 4.11-STABLE machines
-- on one, it worked, on the other, where I installed it some days ago
it didn't.

Then, I cvsup'ed both machines and the first port I installed on both
was gnucash (the only difference betweeen the two machines was the
order the ports were installed) and now, it works on both machines.

This information seemed too few to me to file a PR but maybe it helps
you.

Dirk