Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:30:28 +1000
From:      Eddie Fung <efung@it.uq.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD-2.2.2 installation questions

We have upgraded one of our BSD boxes to 2.2.2 recently.  The box is running
an Intel EtherExpress card.  At boot time, the console reports a warning
message:

fxp0: warning: unsupported PHY, type = 7, addr = 1

The PHY chip on the card is a 82555.  I am afraid the device driver is
looking for a 83840.  Does nayone know whether this would cause any problem.
The machine is our gateway.

Another problem is when root login, it reports:

login: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

I do not have a login.conf.  Do I have to create one, or otherwise, how can
I make this message go away?

Any kind of help or idea is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Regards