Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:27:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        "Andrew N. Edmond" <edmond@shaman.lycaeum.org>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, monty@tcx.se
Subject:   Re: is libc_r broken in 980520-SNAP (and stable?)?

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, John Birrell wrote:

> Andrew N. Edmond wrote:
> > I've been working with Monty at www.tcx.se (makers of MySQL - the best
> > free SQL database, ever :), and we've been having a very difficult time
> > with the libc_r in 980520-SNAP (clean install).
>
> There are a few unwelcome features that should be fixed now in -current.

  One thing that confuses me is that how does libc_r from 2.2.6-stable and
-current compare these days?  They used to be identical, but now that
-current is getting kernel support for threads and alpha stuff, I assume
that they must be quite different now.  Primarily, is libc_r from
2.2.6-stable just as usable as libc_r from current?  Highwind Software
(www.highwind.com) has a beta version of their news software that it is
statically linked to a libc_r with fixes they say they got from you.
Would this be a -stable libc_r or a -current libc_r that they are using?

  Sigh, I apologize for the number of questions...

Tom