Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:00:44 -0500
From:      "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
To:        "David W . Chapman Jr ." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPFilter licence update

You don't need GCC to run the system, only build it.  Thus you can install a
system that is ONLY BSD licensed code -- or at least, very close.  I
personally wouldn't mind if the whole system was GPL, versus BSD (I prefer
the latter).  However, the currently licensing is BSD and as such, the base
system (contrib aside) can run with the GPL tools used to build it.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy@veldy.net