Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:31:49 -0500
From:      Christopher Hilton <chris@vindaloo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ath0 + wlan0 + spa + Apple Airport Extreme => No Joy

Good day,

I'm trying to get FreeBSD going on a soekris box with an atheros based =
D-Link PCI wifi card. I intend to use this combination to bridge a =
difficult network back to ethernet but right now I'm just trying to get =
the soekris associated to the network. The network is managed by an =
Apple Airport Extreme. Note that this combination connects just fine to =
my MiFi 4082. I only have a problem connecting to the Airport.

The soekris box is running FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE built from source about =
11/15/2011.=20

I have this in my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:

network=3D{
    ssid=3D"Vindaloo"
    psk=3D"************"
}

network=3D{
    ssid=3D"Vindaloo-Mobile"
    psk=3D"**********"
}

If I read the wireless setup document right I need this in my =
/etc/rc.conf:

wlans_ath0=3D"wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0=3D"ssid Vindaloo WPA DHCP"

This box appears to associate with the network just fine but then it =
doesn't receive anything except broadcast traffic.

Chris Hilton                          e: chris /at/ vindaloo /dot/ com=20=

                "All I was doing was trying to get home from work!"=20
                                                 -- Rosa Parks