Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:33:42 -0400
From:      "Carroll Kong" <me@carrollkong.com>
To:        "Philip Jenvey" <pjenvey@groovie.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3ware & Maxtor problems

https://www.3ware.com/kbadmin/attachments/TM900-0045-00%20Rev%20A_P.pdf

Recheck this URL
> > http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=10964

Well, I think some people just get the error, even without the riser cards.
So, either you replace your motherboard or replace your 3ware card with one
that has noise immunity, or try to run the slot at 33 mhz instead.

Call them up about it, as it is a well documented case, they probably should
not give you the run around on it (like they have for me).

- Carroll Kong