Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 1995 17:47:54 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        frankd@yoda.fdt.net (Frank Seltzer)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP glitches

> > Basically, everything works fine during the first
> > dial-in. But reconnecting later sometimes results in
> > one of two error messages:
> >
> >      1)	SIOCAIFADDR: File exists
> >      2)	rtinit: wrong ifa (0xf0509d00) was (0xf0506980)
>
> When I get this error message (rtinit etc), I type deny pred1 and it goes
> away. Don't know why it works, as there is very limited documentation,
> but it does.

Thanks for the suggestion, which I had the opportunity to try just now.
Wish I could say it worked for me, but iij-ppp does seem to be a
temperamental beast. Of course, I could also have my setup wrong.

The statements

	disable pred1
	deny pred1

are in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, and I also typed "deny pred1" after the error,
but wasn't able to ping anything. Still, I'm now just having to re-dial,
instead of rebooting, so things are getting better.